A Message to Garcia and my five point action plan

A Message to Garcia is a wonderful story of hard work and excellence. It is written by Elbert Hubbard about two men with completely different life styles. While one is a hard worker and wonderful man, the other is simply a slacker. He is incompetent and never seems to get his work done, no matter how big or important the task. After reading this, at first is was hard to understand, but after re-reading you finally get to see how much a persons will to work really effects them and other people. In this case doing your work quickly and efficiently could mean life or death for others. So, when you don't do your work the way it is intended to be done, there are going to serious consequences that follow. Another consequence could be getting a bad reputation just like one of the characters Elbert Hubbard is ranting about. If you tend to slack off more in work it will hurt you, others and your future immensely. Others won't want to hire you, therefore you will have a great struggle finding a job. Or maybe, in the worse case scenario someone could die or get hurt if you don't carry through with your work. That would be your fault and you would have to live with it for the rest of your life. On the other hard, doing your work comes with great rewards. You get a wonderful reputation, people will trust and rely on you,  and you will have a bright future. You will be looked at with great honor and you will be very appreciated. It is much more rewarding to do your work the way it is supposed to be done. Overall, after reading A Message to Garcia, my biggest take away was to do hard work and really put effort into it, because many others and your future is counting on you.


My 5 Point Action Plan:
Five ways i am going to ensure a great school year for me include;

-Making friends- I am going to try to go out of my current friend group  and expand in order to meet new people. I am going to try to talk to new people and hopefully make a bunch of new friends. I have already made a bunch throughout sports so I can't wait to see how many more people I meet.

-Getting good grades- I will study harder every night for tests and quizzes and really work hard on homework and classwork to make sure I get a good grade. I will turn everything in on time and really put effort into my projects. Also during free mods and after school I will try to get extra help from teachers if I need it.

-Get involved around the school- I hope to try out for more sports in the spring and I am also going to try new things. Maybe drama or other clubs. I hope to take some electives in the future, maybe drawing or architecture. By doing so I can get more involved in the school and meet more people.

-Service projects- I would really like to travel to other countries and help build houses or bring donations or even just raise money. I would also like to be involved within the school area. I can works with kids to spend time at shelters or anything that needs my help. I would like to get involved because it's a great way to give back to others in need

- Positive mindset- I need to keep a good mindset for the school year so that i can really enjoy my years at John Carroll. If you don't have a good outlook to school then of course you wont like it. So I am going to try to look forward to school and really take appreciation for the new family I get to be part of. I'm excited and I'm definitely looking forward to the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1/12

1/3

12/11